Sunday 19 February 2012

Compassion for strays


I made one very special dog happy yesterday. The Lamb bones/fats  from our Valentines dinner were kept for a dog which I came across while having dinner. She was mangy, malnourished and hopping on 3 legs. (To find a vet in Tawau is like finding a needle in a haystack. You can forget about animal shelters as well) She survives on scraps from the people dining at the restaurant (That’s if they feed her,but I doubt so)

Since it was a waste to throw the bones&fats, why not just boil it into broth. I boiled the bones until it turned slightly soft and threw in ½ of rice. The broth was thick and it smelled good. I had a taste of the broth and it was delicious. I packed the food into a container and off we went for dinner. I spotted her as soon as we arrived. She was waiting for food. It was hard at 1st for I didn’t want to mess up someone’s front entrance. Soon, she hobbled into a dark corner and it was my chance to feed her and so I did.

 I left the food and went back to my table looking from a distance. She was gobbling down her food like she was starving for days (And I bet she was)Not a speck of grain was left.She was happy.She came looking for me,but I was nowhere to be seen by her.I saw her,I saw her eyes and she was happy.I feed the strays around our area every now and then. Why waste unless its gone BAD.

I have more compassion for animals than for human beings unless the person is born retarded. Comprende?


No comments:

Post a Comment