Wednesday 10 October 2012

Unboxing Beauty Boxes with Fabulous Finds & Vanity Trove

Beauty products, what do I know about beauty product.On the scale of 1-10, I give myself 3.I’m pretty much daft in the head when it comes to beauty items. I do not paint my face with Nippon colours like most women do. It is not a colouring book. What I merely use is just black eyeliner and lip gloss. If I feel like dolling up, its just eye shadow (It’s either I use my finger or those lil sponge given applicator) and a touch of lipstick. I do not own any blushers, concealers, mascaras, foundation, bronzers, bla bla ..(I had to ask my GF what a bronzer is) and just recently my BFF told me about eye primers (If you want your eye-shadow to last, apply some eye primer. I shall buy me an eye primer).

As for skincare, just cleanser and I’m done. I do use facial scrub and peel off mask whenever I feel the need to.A normal routine would be cleanser, tone and moisturize. It’s a long process. I happen to save a lot of money on beauty items and if I require any items, there’s always mum.

Cutting the long story short, I was fascinated with beauty boxes after I stumbled upon a local you-tuber’s vid and she was happily showing off her Vanity Trove August box. I didn’t know such box existed in Asia (Singapore). You get Glambox, Birchbox, Back to School Box, whatever beauty boxes out there, but that’s only overseas. Okay! so I’m a little outdated (WTH) I checked out Vanity Trove’s website and I subbed. I found Fabulous Finds from a beauty guru’s blog (I don’t remember her url), liked it,subbed as well. Fabulous Finds is 100% homegrown.

September 2012 Vanity Trove

Just pull that lil pink ribbon

Fall In Love

Surprise !!!

1) Full Sized of Snail Serum (the one with the silver box.)If I wanted snail serum ole ye Natural I've got them snails in me backyard.Put 4 small ones on me face and let emm slide around.
2) 2 sample of Oilum Mosturizing Soap
3) Princess Pinki (Magic pink cream for rosy cheeks,lips and (*)(*)Nipples)
4) Fruit Smoothi Mask
5) Hydrogel for tired eyes
6) Pearl Whitening Mask
7) Rimmel Lipstick ( I gave me mum.Made.The colour me look like a Tranny)
8) DKNY sample fragrance 2ml


Total : 8

Not all the items given are the same. I was lucky to get the Full sized bottle of Snail Serum while others had smaller sample sized creams.I'm in my early thirties,so I need anti-aging creams before I end up looking like a Shar-pei.

August Box 2012 : Fabulous Finds

Pretty in Pink

All wrapped up

 In Love already



1) Skinz Infinite Youth Recall Serum Full Sized (RM 59.90)
2) Empro Dual colour Brown n Black Mascara Full Sized (RM 58.90)
3) Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream 15ml.
4) Wella SP Repair Shampoo 30ml.
5) Wella SP Repair Mask 30ml. 
6) Olive Hand Moisturizing Cream 10ml.
7) Lanvin Jeanne Couture Eau de Parfum sample vial 2ml.
Total: 7


September Box 2012 : Fabulous Finds
More Amazing Goodies (Squeals with delight)




Pamphlets 

Awesome-ness


1. Elizabeth Arden: Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules & Gold Ultra Lift and Strengthening Eye Capsules Full Sized worth RM 116.20
2) Essence Duo Eyeshadow Full Sized RM 8.90
3) Essence Stay With Me Long- Lasting Lipgloss Full Sized RM 10.90 4ml
4) Clairol Professional Colour Radiance Shampoo 50ml
5) Clairol Professional Colour Radiance Intensive Mask 30ml
6) Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT (Smells Amazing)

Total : 6
I absolutely love everything from both the beauty boxes. Oh,the thrill of opening up the boxes. It feels like Christmas every time. I love the skincare products (Yes! it's time I look after my skin) since I have new products to try each month.  Even my mom gets to try out the products. If she likes it, she can keep it. I'll defiantly be renewing.I can only get to open my October and November boxes in Dec for I'm in Tawau.
 Other beauty boxes besides Fabulous Finds and Vanity Trove are BBF (Beauty,Body,Face) and Wonderbox . I don't know how awesome those boxes are,but I know Fab Find and Vanity are the popular ones. I just sub to Wonderbox. Let see how it fares. I've seen beauty boxes with nothing but sachets samples and utter crap (Shudders).

You can sub to Fabulous Finds beauty box herehttp://www.fabulousfinds.com.my/subscribe2
Fabulous Finds Websitehttp://www.fabulousfinds.com.my/
Fabulous Finds Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/FabulousFindsMalaysia

Subscribing to Vanity Trove Beauty Boxhttp://www.vanitytrove.com/my/surprise/subscribe
Vanity Trove Websitehttp://www.vanitytrove.com/my
Vanity Trove Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/VanityTrove


Ps : Hey! Good news for Dudes out there...you can now enjoy your own Beauty Box created exclusively for Men....Nicee

Till then Toodles





3 comments:

  1. hey allison it seems u subscribed for so many..good yaar..if possible pls write a guest article for me product review or anything u like..i love ur way of writing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some shopping you have done!! I am sure you deserve much more than 3!

    www.anucreations.blogspot.in
    www.facebook.com/VolatileSpirits

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe... fabulous finds just made an announcement to cease the business due to illness...so sad :(

    ReplyDelete