Saturday 11 February 2012

Mission Green Tea Ice-Cream...FAIL


Two days back I tried my hands at making green tea ice-cream. I tasted this fab green tea ice-cream “supposedly made from scratch” from a Japanese Restaurant which we frequent. Why make green tea ice-cream when you can buy it off the shelves? Well, where I’m currently residing (Temporary) in a back dated town,.......Green Tea Ice Cream does not EXSISTS!! . .....

 So I followed this 5min quick and easy Ice-Cream tutorial from You Tube. Went shopping for the main ingredient which is Heavy Cream but ended up buying Nestle Cream in a can (Empty can into a jug and stir in fresh milk until you get the thickness you require). There was another cream in the fridge, “Whipping cream” (Should have asked the lady for guidance).

Got the ingredients ready...

 I didn't use green tea powder. I had tea bags instead ( I should cut the bag and remove the tea instead).Poured the milk and the cream and whisked it to glory. Should be easier using a blender (But I don't own a blender)



Somehow or rather,it just looked watery.The consistency should be thicker.Hoping for a miracle...

Dang, It turned out ROCK SOLID.Like literally you can throw and kill someone with it..*Sigh*. Remind myself to use Heavy Cream the next time and maybe watch a better you tube video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment